Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask about the whole spouse visa application process as I wasn't part of our last application so I'm worried I'll miss something if I don't ask about!

So basically when the time comes to apply, I'll be doing it on the visa4uk website, correct? Now with the application, obviously its for my wife (who's in China) to join me here in the UK. Does the visa4uk registration need to be made her in name and the whole application to be done by her?

I think I read somewhere on the border agency website that payment cannot be made online for China, can anyone confirm?

I've also read today on these forums that there's a new section for the spouse's financial details, any idea why that's present? I'm guessing it can be ignored since they shouldn't care about those details?

For another quick check, what forms are needed for a spouse visa application? I believe there's the appendix 2 form, anything else?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Now you're just being too good to me! :p Honestly thanks for the help, really feeling lost with the application process because its pretty darn scary!

So the visa4uk site is the one to use then?
Hope that helps! I don't know what the visa4uk site is as I have just used the UKBA website and the info from here. Yes it is quite daunting but I think the answer is just to read, read and read some more off this forum to get a better understanding of what is required. After a while it all seems to fall into place.

Where are you applying from?

Good luck :cheer2:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope that helps! I don't know what the visa4uk site is as I have just used the UKBA website and the info from here. Yes it is quite daunting but I think the answer is just to read, read and read some more off this forum to get a better understanding of what is required. After a while it all seems to fall into place.

Where are you applying from?

Good luck :cheer2:
Well my wife's in China so it'll be an application from there technically. Our last application was rejected, mainly out of ignorance and having let an immigration solicitor make an absolute mess of it all so I'm just trying to gather as much info as I possibly can on it. Though obviously its all very new because I didn't have much of a part in it last time.

UK Border Agency | Visa4UK - our online system for visa applications

From this page it does look like this is the way to do it...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well my wife's in China so it'll be an application from there technically. Our last application was rejected, mainly out of ignorance and having let an immigration solicitor make an absolute mess of it all so I'm just trying to gather as much info as I possibly can on it. Though obviously its all very new because I didn't have much of a part in it last time.

UK Border Agency | Visa4UK - our online system for visa applications

From this page it does look like this is the way to do it...
Oh ok I see now why I have not used this method as my daughter in law is applying from Zimbabwe and they do not have the online application choice.

Sorry to hear you had a bad (and obviously costly) experience prior.

Don't forget the English test....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh ok I see now why I have not used this method as my daughter in law is applying from Zimbabwe and they do not have the online application choice.

Sorry to hear you had a bad (and obviously costly) experience prior.

Don't forget the English test....
Haha don't worry, English test and most requirements are done/on the way. It's simply the whole procedure of applying which is completely alien to me unfortunately!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.