Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've got an inquiry. :confused2:
I'll submit my spouse/settlement visa application on Feb 15, 2012 in Stockholm. I intend to travel to the UK on May 15, 2012, since I need to finish my master studies first before moving in.
Do you think my visa would be valid from the day is issued or would start from May 15, 2012, as I expect?
I really appreciate your comments taking into account your experience or expert knowledge.
Thanks.

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
Hi everyone. I've got an inquiry. :confused2:
I'll submit my spouse/settlement visa application on Feb 15, 2012 in Stockholm. I intend to travel to the UK on May 15, 2012, since I need to finish my master studies first before moving in.
Do you think my visa would be valid from the day is issued or would start from May 15, 2012, as I expect?
I really appreciate your comments taking into account your experience or expert knowledge.
Thanks.
If you put May 15th as your intended travel date, chances are it will be valid from that date.

But sometimes UKBA ignore your travel date and makes it valid from the day of issue and refuse to change it when asked.
Your visa will be valid 27 months, and you can apply for indefinite leave to remain 4 weeks short of 24 months. So if you delay travelling to UK, you will be cutting it rather fine whether you have enough time left on your visa to meet the residence requirement.

What I suggest you do if they issue your visa valid from the day of issue is to travel to UK soon after to 'activate' your visa, stay for a while and then return to Sweden to complete your Masters. As your visa is multi-entry, you shouldn't have trouble travelling to and from UK.

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
Joppa, Thanks a lot for the information. I'll make sure to point out that I'll travel on a specific date.
Yes, put on the top of your supporting documents a letter stating why you cannot travel until May and why you want the visa start date delayed by 3 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.