Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied for spouse visa last year but got rejected on grounds of employment because i had no HMRC record as i had left the job a few weeks after i started so i didn;t get paid, hence why i had no record with HMRC. Therefore this time i will be under extra scrutiny hence why i am very cautious about my wage slips and payments from my employer etc.

In my current job, my employer has been paying in arrears as some companies do. My employment started on Jan 5th 2015. My wage slips were processed and paid as follows;

Wage slip 1 for Jan - wage slip processed 31/1/15 - paid 9/3/15
Wage slip 2 for Feb - processed 3/3/15 - paid 27/3/15
Wage slip 3 for Mar - processed 27/3/15 - paid 27/4/15
Wage slip 4 for Apr - processed 24/4/15 - paid 5/6/15
Wage slip 5 for May - processed 29/5/15 - not paid until end of June
Wage slip 6 for Jun - will be processed ~29/6/15 - not paid until end of July

What i am worried about is that the dates that i received my wage slip are different to the the date the amount was deposited, because the company pays all the employees in a month in arrears.

All the amounts on the wage slips match the payments made but some the gaps between the payments into the bank account are not exactly a month apart.Some are made a week or so later in some cases.

my questions;

1) Is the way i'm getting paid ok or will it cause a problem. Will i need my employer to write a cover letter explaining that he pays in arrears and why some payments are few days late etc?

2) If i change the way i'm getting paid now (4-5months into employment) by telling my employer to pay me after every month of working rather than in arrears ie wage slip processed end of June and paid end of June
Will this raise questions or make matters more complex and make them investigate further or will it be safe to do so?

3) the statement below from the criteria states that bank statements should correspond to same period as payslips which i don't understand .can someone please explain what this means ?

"Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 5(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person"

4) My bank statements are all online and do not come through the post and my wage slips are produced by SAGE Payroll Software which is recognised by HMRC and complies with all of the latest payroll legislations however only the name of the Employer but not the address is present.
i) do my bank statements need to be printed out and signed by the bank?
ii) on the wage slips does it need to say employers address and the date deposited?

:confused2::confused2:
:confused:
Thanks in advance
Khan

·
Registered
465 Posts
i) do my bank statements need to be printed out and signed by the bank?

I think I can answer this one. I was told they have to be original from the bank, and be originally stamped and/or signed by the bank.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
#1 - #3 Shouldn't be a problem provided you clearly identify which payslip amount corresponds to which entry on your bank statement. I suggest you attach a sheet setting out something like:
Payslip dated 24th April 2015 for £1,550 - Credited to the bank account on 5th June 2015 etc.
#4 It's either original statement you get from the bank by post, or online statement stamped on every page by your bank. So no need to get original statement stamped or certified.
Your address and date deposited on payslips not necessary, provided you show as I've indicated.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was in the same boat and attached a sheet as Joppa suggested to my bank statement hight lighting the payslips dates and the the amount desposit with date on bank statements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.