Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I found this forum very helpful but am a bit unsure about my specific situation. I am planning to apply to a long stay visa for France as my husband is French. Does this type of Visa allow me to work?
Thanks!
M

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi,
I found this forum very helpful but am a bit unsure about my specific situation. I am planning to apply to a long stay visa for France as my husband is French. Does this type of Visa allow me to work?
Thanks!
M
Yes, it will allow you to work.

You probably have to wait till you get the OFII sticker though.

Finding a job, on the other hand, is quite another matter. Particularly if you don't speak French.

·
Administrator
50,474 Posts
As g_n_a has already said, yes, you can work on a spouse visa. But the trick is finding a job! OTOH, as long as you have your livret de famille in hand, getting a spouse visa should be pretty quick and straightforward.

Still, you do need to get through the OFII process. Theoretically, you can probably work from the moment you arrive - however, any reputable employer will want "proof" of your work status, and that you get when you complete your OFII appointment, in the form of a sticker in your passport that has your titre de séjour number.

There is also a session with Pole Emploi (the employment agency in France) that is part of the OFII process. It may or may not be useful, but they will take a look at your CV and try to set you up with what you need to start up a job hunt in France.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts