Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUys

Currently helping a family member who is getting DLA and has no housing cost.
I am aware of the rules as per Appendix fm 1.7a regarding adequate maintenance however I am confused about the evedencing requirement as it seem to suggest that one must be receiving benefits for 12 months. it says :

1. provide evidence from DWP of current entitlement and level of benefit received - This is straightforward.

2. Provide at least one personal bank statement in the 12 month period from the date of application showing the money going in - this is confusing me as does this mean that the sponsor have to be in receipt of the benefit for 12 months prior to application, without break?

See 12 (b) for reference - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
No, it means you present at least 1 statement for the immediate 12 months preceding the application.

Most people provide 2 or 3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crawford,

SO just clarify, the sponsor must be receiving the relevant welfare benefit at the time of application. There is no need for him/her to be on benefits for whole one year.

This is what I thought but the thing that confuses is why 'one bank statement for last 12 month' and not last 28 days, for example?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Thanks Crawford,

SO just clarify, the sponsor must be receiving the relevant welfare benefit at the time of application. There is no need for him/her to be on benefits for whole one year.

This is what I thought but the thing that confuses is why 'one bank statement for last 12 month' and not last 28 days, for example?
Who knows.

You have to show you are receiving the benefits at time of application (letters/documentation detailing the benefit) AND provide bank statement(s) showing payment being made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts