Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. So I am new to this. Well my husband and I just recently met in the UK while
I was on holidays.. We got married in Ghana a month ago in and looking to move to the UK with him but we are
Unusual if we meet the new financial requirements set by the ukba

My husband earns about £1300 in gross.. Which makes about £15600 per annum...he is also a mini footballer but only earns about £100 each season. Has pension of pay of £196 available to him and also a savings account of £1000... He lives with his parents where he does not pay any monthly rents or wages..

He also receives monthly allowance from his parents (guardians) and his nan which is about £500 each month sometimes in cash and sometimes in deposits into his account which sums up to £6000PA.

His parents and nan are willing to support him with a letter stating prove of guardian allowance and prove through is bank statements..although I know no third party are allowed to support his parents are willing to support with a letter stating I won't be a burden to them when I come and we can stay in their house as long as we want

My question is do you think we stand a chance of getting our visa approved with all the factors mentioned above? Please someone help me with a reply as I am very nervous thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
To start a new thread click the Post a new thread tab on the British home page on the top left above the list of threads. Please don't post on threads that have nothing to do with your question.

He needs to show that he is earning £18,600/year. 3rd party support is not allowed so anything he gets from his family cannot be used to meet the financial requirement. His savings is inadequate as the minimum is £16,000. In his current situation, he does not meet the financial requirement and you would be refused.

His options are to get a job earning £18,600/year and after 6 months you can apply or get a job to supplement his current job to bring him up to £18,600/year and after 6 months you can apply.

There is no way around meeting the financial requirement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww thank's sorry about that.. I just registered and had no idea how to go about asking for help on here. Your answer wad helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.