Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me out or give me some advice. I have been with my gf for 4 years now. She is a British Citizen, I live is Australia as a permanent resident and will be getting my AU Citizenship in 2019. we do long distance.
She is currently studying in the uk, We meet every year for holidays for around 2 months and we travel a bit together as well.

Now we want to be together when she finishes her course in 2019, and we thinking of getting a civil wedding next year in Australia and I then apply for a spouse visa for the uk in 2019? she doesnt want to migrate to australia yet as she got a couple of years of work experience she requires that is not available in australia after her uni.

what would be required in my case to apply for a spouse visa? she is certainly going to make more than 18k when she starts working. does it matter if i have an Australian passport? would that be the best way to go? or should i marry her in the UK and proceed from there?

we have photos travelling together, tickets, hotel bookings but no joint account. she lived at mine in Australia and i stayed at hers in UK as well.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Easiest and probably cheapest plan is to marry in Australia and then apply for spouse visa.

Your Australian passport will not cause issues.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.