Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just joined but I've been lurking for a decent amount of time.

I've been traveling for a while, living and working abroad for the last year, and now my fiancee and I are going to get married in the US in August. I'm currently living with her in the UK on a tourist visa for a few months before I go home, and then my fiancee will come over and we'll get married and apply for the visa right after.

My question is, she currently lives in a shared house and her landlord said it was fine for me to live there with her, but he made us both sign a 6 month contract. The contract runs from April to October, so I would not be there for a month or two when I go home to get married, but then it would only last a short time until after I would move back on the spouse visa. The accommodation would be suitable for us to live in for the requirement, but would the fact that I signed an actual contract be a problem for the application as opposed to a letter saying I can live there in the future? I'm not sure if I made a mistake here.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
No. You don't even have to have a signed tenancy agreement, so having a signed rental is good evidence of accommodation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.