Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to apply for a spouse visa from Sri Lanka in April 2014 once my husband has completed 6 months of employment. I have a question regarding the accommodation requirement. We currently live together and I will be returning to Sri Lanka in February before I make the application.

We are currently living in a two bedroom flat. We moved into the flat on the 16th of August 2013 and the tenancy agreement ends on the 16th of August 2014.

As I mentioned I will be making the application in April 2014 by which only 4.5 months would be left on the tenancy agreement. I was wondering whether the duration of the tenancy agreement would be a potential problem in our application? I have not seen any specific time requirement on the UKBA website. The landlord would most probably be extending the contract but we will not know this for sure until June/July next year.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to apply for a spouse visa from Sri Lanka in April 2014 once my husband has completed 6 months of employment. I have a question regarding the accommodation requirement. We currently live together and I will be returning to Sri Lanka in February before I make the application.

We are currently living in a two bedroom flat. We moved into the flat on the 16th of August 2013 and the tenancy agreement ends on the 16th of August 2014.

As I mentioned I will be making the application in April 2014 by which only 4.5 months would be left on the tenancy agreement. I was wondering whether the duration of the tenancy agreement would be a potential problem in our application? I have not seen any specific time requirement on the UKBA website. The landlord would most probably be extending the contract but we will not know this for sure until June/July next year.

Thanks in advance!
I don't think this is an issue. The accommodation at the time of application is sufficient for the visa. Some people live temporarily with friends or family, so having your agreement come up for renewal shouldn't matter. Having it in both your names is already a strong piece of documentation for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think this is an issue. The accommodation at the time of application is sufficient for the visa. Some people live temporarily with friends or family, so having your agreement come up for renewal shouldn't matter. Having it in both your names is already a strong piece of documentation for you.
That's such a relief! Thank you so much for your reply:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.