Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My husband is applying for a spouse visa so that we can move back to the UK together from Australia.

I own a house jointly with my mum, brother and sister, where we will be able to stay until we find somewhere else. It was bought as a holiday home so no one else is living there, it will just be the two of us.

I'm just wondering what documents we need to provide in this case? Presumably the title deeds with my name on. Because it is jointly owned do I need anything to prove that we will be the only ones living there, or permission from the other owners etc?

Thanks for your help!
Fi

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
You need written permission in the form of a letter from other co-owners. It can be just a simple statement, like 'I give permission for ____ and ____ to live at the house I co-own at 12 Acacia Avenue, Anytown.'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great, thanks for your quick reply, Joppa. So we don't need a property inspection in this circumstance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again, we now have the title deeds and permission letters from all co-owners giving permission for us to stay here. We are hoping to put the application in tomorrow but have just realised we may need council tax documents/ utility bill or something. Is this necessary? It's my mum's name on the bills, not mine.
Would be great if we dont need these as we are in australia and these documents are in the uk! Would really appreciate your advice, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.