Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm a British citizen living overseas. Got a job offer in London and took it. I'm married+1, so I need to issue a spouse visa for my wife and child.
One of the requirements of the spouse visa is that we show we have ample accommodation. We definitely mean to rent a proper 2-bed flat when we get there, and we can certainly afford it - but here is the issue: the visa will take approx. 2.5 months to process, during which time I will be telecommuting, so not working from the UK the majority of the time, so I can be with my wife and daughter. It's a lot of money to rent a flat 3 months ahead of our arrival just to have that document in the application (And while we're still maintaining our flat abroad).
Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Do you think I should try to rent a flat so long ahead of time and have it stand empty?
I'd appreciate any input.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What most people do is to share accommodation with friends and relatives. Provided it won't be overcrowded (you need one or two bedrooms depending on your child's age), this is the easiest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I don't really have any friends or relatives. From what age does a child need its own room? (Even leasing a one-bed short term may reduce costs if possible)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.