Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be hopefully be applying as a sponsor for my husband to come to uk to settle (VAF4A) soon.

I am living with my parents plus a younger sibling. My parents own the house (paid off the mortgage) however receive pension credit and council tax benefit plus Child Tax Credit (CTC ends soon).

They would be entitled to full Council tax support but due to me living here and not being entitled to any benefit , I pay some council tax (less the benefit they are entitled to). It comes under my parent name and so does not mention my name. I also don't have any utility bills to my name. I have just recently put a bill in my name but I don't think it will arrive in time as it comes once every three months.

Would I be okay to use my parents house as the address for the visa or would the application be compromised as they are in receipt of these benefits? Also what documents would I need for accommodation and are bills in my name essential?

Many thanks in advance and apologies if this has been answered before. I hope to receive a response soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi would anyone be able to offer any advice on the above? Unfortunately I couldn't find any answers in the forum relating to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just use your parents' address. The fact you have no bills in your name is fine. You need a letter from them permitting your husband to join you there, land registry title document or mortgage statement as proof of ownership and council tax/utility bill as proof of occupation and inspection report about suitability and overcrowding.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Joppa for your helpful response.

I have another query if Joppa or anyone can help, I'm not sure whether I was supposed to start a new thread but it's regarding the new spouse visa application procedure for Pakistan.

I understand the appendix 2 has now been incorporated in to the visa4u application form online. My question is regarding the gov.uk and vfs Pakistan global website and conflicting info.

The gov.uk site update page for Pakistani settlement applications just mentions sending the supporting docs to Sheffield (last update august 2016). However the vfs global Pakistan site now mentions supporting document scanning/photocopying in one of the appointment centres in Pakistan. It has a downloadable barcode document which you have to scan to separate each of your supporting docs section. Then directly below this it provides the Sheffield address to send the supporting docs!
So I am confused, does that mean there is now a choice to either scan at the centre and keep the docs or send originals/attested to Sheffield?

Regarding the former option of scanning, does that mean all the pics would be scanned/photocopied too (doesn't even mention photos on the acceptable evidence on the proof of relationship barcode document) and also how would the original documents be accepted, surely they would need to be attested in that case?

Apologies for the lengthy query, I am happy to post in another or new thread if this is not the appropriate place to post. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Joppa for your helpful response.

I have another query if Joppa or anyone can help, I'm not sure whether I was supposed to start a new thread but it's regarding the new spouse visa application procedure for Pakistan.

I understand the appendix 2 has now been incorporated in to the visa4u application form online. My question is regarding the gov.uk and vfs Pakistan global website and conflicting info.

The gov.uk site update page for Pakistani settlement applications just mentions sending the supporting docs to Sheffield (last update august 2016). However the vfs global Pakistan site now mentions supporting document scanning/photocopying in one of the appointment centres in Pakistan. It has a downloadable barcode document which you have to scan to separate each of your supporting docs section. Then directly below this it provides the Sheffield address to send the supporting docs!
So I am confused, does that mean there is now a choice to either scan at the centre and keep the docs or send originals/attested to Sheffield?

Regarding the former option of scanning, does that mean all the pics would be scanned/photocopied too (doesn't even mention photos on the acceptable evidence on the proof of relationship barcode document) and also how would the original documents be accepted, surely they would need to be attested in that case?

Apologies for the lengthy query, I am happy to post in another or new thread if this is not the appropriate place to post. Thanks in advance.
FYI, I've just registered on the visa4u site, there does not seem to be a section on financial requirements so I think paper version of appendix 2 is still required. There is a link on the site to a pdf form but i'm unsure why they have removed this from the uk gov site for all except North Korean applicants.

The below is an extract from the vfs pakistan global website which has confused me regarding the process -
"Settlement applications -
A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Mirpur Visa Application Centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents. Before you visit the Visa Application Centre please click here to view the details.

Submitting supporting documents -
You or your representative/sponsor should then send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometric information (but not before) to:

UK Visas and Immigration International....sheffield"

Can anyone help clarify the process? Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.