Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,

Just going through this Spouse Visa Application hell and so many questions popping up. I am looking at old threads (THANK YOU) but I didn't find an answer to these questions >>>

1. Do you guys think it will be okay to submit a future tenancy agreement with property inspection? So the tenancy will start once my husband gets a visa (1 month after application).

2. Also, my husband is applying from a neighbouring country since his country of origin does not supply UK Visas so will he have to fly from the country where he applied in? Or can he use the issued visa to fly from another country? (I hope I make sense here :confused: )

3. I know this question has been asked a million times BUT I need a recent reconfirmation. My work contract says it will end on ....March 2016. It will actually be renewed but it doesn't mention anything <snip>cuz SO will this be an issue?

Thank you all a bunch :) and good luck to everybody applying :fingerscrossed:

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Hi guys,

Just going through this Spouse Visa Application hell and so many questions popping up. I am looking at old threads (THANK YOU) but I didn't find an answer to these questions >>>

1. Do you guys think it will be okay to submit a future tenancy agreement with property inspection? So the tenancy will start once my husband gets a visa (1 month after application).
You really need to have accommodation set up at the time of application.

2. Also, my husband is applying from a neighbouring country since his country of origin does not supply UK Visas so will he have to fly from the country where he applied in? Or can he use the issued visa to fly from another country? (I hope I make sense here :confused: )
It doesn't matter where he comes from.

3. I know this question has been asked a million times BUT I need a recent reconfirmation. My work contract says it will end on ....March 2016. It will actually be renewed but it doesn't mention anything <snip> SO will this be an issue?

I think it's ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nyclon. Would a future tenancy not be considered as a set up accommodation? It's just that I don't want to move into the property on my own and if I'm not moving until he comes....I don't want to be paying rent and since the state agency has agreed....it seems ideal for me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live with my parents but my current address isn't suitable for my husband to move in.

No, I am assuming the application will be successful! Basically, I will be applying in July, the waiting time is 2 months so I will have the tenancy agreement in July saying that it will start in August. I will also have the property inspection and a letter from the Landlord giving permission for my husband to be living there ready for the application.
The only problem will be that I will not have council tax/bills etc to prove my address

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
There is no guarantee on processing times. What if he applies and the application gets to ECO quickly and he/she's ready to make a decision but he/she sees that there is no place for your spouse to live until a month later? A property inspection is recommended if you're sharing accommodation to prove there is no overcrowding. If it's just the 2 of you it's not necessary. Of course it's up to you to decide.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
UKVI tells you not to pay rent in advance, but you need more than a vague idea about future accommodation. What you have is possibly ok, though most people have something concrete set up, and that's why staying with relatives is so common.

·
Banned
69 Posts
:
What country will he be applying from? My wife had to do much the same thing. Thay might need to keep his passport for the application process which will be at least 2 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no guarantee on processing times. What if he applies and the application gets to ECO quickly and he/she's ready to make a decision but he/she sees that there is no place for your spouse to live until a month later? A property inspection is recommended if you're sharing accommodation to prove there is no overcrowding. If it's just the 2 of you it's not necessary. Of course it's up to you to decide.
Nyclon, you are right but I will work that out with the estate agents to make sure I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UKVI tells you not to pay rent in advance, but you need more than a vague idea about future accommodation. What you have is possibly ok, though most people have something concrete set up, and that's why staying with relatives is so common.
Joppa, I don't have much family and couldn't really find anybody else to support me through this. I don't know if the ECO will refuse the visa for this future tenancy :S

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2. Also, my husband is applying from a neighbouring country since his country of origin does not supply UK Visas so will he have to fly from the country where he applied in? Or can he use the issued visa to fly from another country? (I hope I make sense here
)
:
What country will he be applying from? My wife had to do much the same thing. Thay might need to keep his passport for the application process which will be at least 2 months.
Chr125, that's the case for me too. He's applying from Tashkent and his passport will be kept for max 2 months

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys (Joppa and Nyclon) another question regarding accommodation, I know this old lady living in a council house. The council has asked her to either get a lodger for the the extra rooms or the council will find somebody.
If I move in with her as a Lodger and get the lodger agreement & inspection. Would that be ok or do I have to go through the council and get permission fron them?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Issue

Hi All,

I am in a similar issue. I have all the documents in place. The only problem is that I am currently renting a room with other other tenants. This a 2 bedroom house. I can get a tenancy agreement for this place but it would be stating that I am living in a room in this property. This will involve further stuff like property inspection etc. I don't even know where I can get the property inspection from?? So in other words the property is being sub-let to me.

My question is can I provide a tenancy agreement for a month ahead that I would be moving into a place etc and I would be living there? Say I am applying for my wife's visa in July 2015, the tenancy agreement states that I am moving into the property on 1st of July 2015, would that help at all?

I don't want to rent a flat as of now because I want to save some money before she arrives here. Once she is here then I can go look for a place to settle with her. I would really really appreciate if anyone of you can help me out on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doncisco I decided that I didn't want to risk it so I will be renting a place before applying and therefore, will show proof of address etc. It should be fine though because your tenancy agreement will start well before they process your application....but still all the hassle with (God forbid) application being rejected is soo much that one would want to always be on the safe side!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.