Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am an Australian citizen and about three years ago moved out of Australia for work reasons. Got married outside Australia and applied for spouse visa 309 which got approved on 6 July 2019, her first entry arrive by date is 6 July 2020. Due to Covid-19 these days we don't want to travel. I am asking community comments for these two scenarios.

1. As I am not planning to return to Australia, should I keep my wife on Visa 309 and travel once to suffice first entry requirement when restrictions are over. If we don't apply for visa 100, would that mean she can travel to and from Australia indefinitely. We will apply for 100 when required (when we plan to live and stay in Australia permanently).

2. If we really have to apply for visa 100 then she would be eligible to apply on 1st May 2020. We don't want to travel twice. So what if we miss the first entry travel by date on 309 and apply for visa 100 before 6 July 2020. Should there be any issues in the assessment of visa subclass 100. Once 100 is granted with another must arrive by date we can travel before that.

I have gone through official immigration website and know the material online. So just simple straight forward answer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I understand correctly, you need to have visa 309 before you can even apply for visa 100, right?
Why not fulfill the initial entry requirement by July (assuming all is well in the world by then) and then apply for the visa 100 to enable living in Australia permanently, indefinitely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts