Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Yesterday the spouse visa for my husband arrived, which is great, but we had put the travel date as 25.06.2015 but they granted it from 20.05.2015-19.06.2015
Now we have the issue that he has to travel to the UK without me as I work until the 24.06.15
Will it be an issue that he arrives first? On the application we put we are travelling together.
Also, because of this I want to change the collection point for the BRP - to do this it says I have to visit the post office I originally asked it to be sent to. Is there any other way? As I can't do that. Originally we were due to arrive in Manchester and now he will fly to London as we only have accomodation in Manchester as of June 26th.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
As you live in Germany, why don't you travel together over a weekend, and you alone return to continue your job while your husband stays on in UK? And can't he stay a few days in a hotel in Manchester and collect his BRP?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's starting to sound like the only option but we have so much to do/sell etc. it's not ideal.
One question regarding the collection of the BRP he will arrive on June 18th (possibly with me now) but 10 days after falls on a Sunday - would it be possible to collect the BRP on a Monday? Is it 10 working days? Or would it need to be on the Friday 26th?

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
The guidance just says within 10 days. Some post offices (located within WH Smith, for example) are now open on Sundays but if yours is not, you must collect it on the Saturday before. The Monday after will be outside the 10-day window and you may be subject to a fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.