Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Permanent Resident of Australia which was grated on September 2007 and which is expiring in this September 2012. I came back to my country when I was granted this visa and stayed for a total of 2 months in Australia since then. Now I have 6 months left and I am planning to go back permanently. In the meanwhile, I want to apply Temporary Residency(TR) for my wife. As the TR processing time is too long, should I apply TR for my wife from my home country only or should I go back to Australia first and then I should apply. Please suggest what course of action is to be followed.

Thanks
Suchet Handa

G

·
It is not likely you would get it granted before your visa runs out so you have two options.
You go to Australia and your partner applies for the offshore spouse visa and joins you when it is granted.
Or your partner applies for a tourist visa and hopes not to get a no further stay condition. You then both go to Australia and apply for the onshore spouse visa. Though there are no guarantes they wouldn't get the no further stay condition.
Are you aware of the new return resident visa rules? If you do not go back to Australia before your visa expires it is likey you may not get a RRV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.