Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apologies in advance for the length of this....

I (UK citizen) am sponsoring my wife (US citizen), and have been working in the UK for the past month having transferred from the US office where I had been working for the previous 18 months. I'm a little unsure of how I should be categorising how I meet the financial requirements, and how my employer should verify it.

I originally went with Category B - working in the UK for less than 6 months with the same employer. But I'm wondering whether I'm not actually in Category A, as it is just a different office for the same employer. HR in the US has sent me six month's worth of US pay slips, along with a letter that looks like this:

This letter is to verify that SPONSOR has been an employee of COMPANY since February 3 2014. He transferred to the United Kingdom as of June 3, 2015. His title is JOB TITLE and his annual salary as of June 3, 2015 is 100,00 GBP. Payslips attached have been printed directly from ADP, our payroll service provider.

Having read Appendix FM_SE this letter seems that it may be OK if I'm applying under Category A, although I'd still need to include a copy of the first pay slip I've received in the UK, presumably with a letter from the UK HR people. However, if I'm Category B I'd think the paperwork HR sent me would need to be 12 months of pay slips and making reference to how much I made in dollars during the time period those pay slips represent.

Despite the pages of rules published on all of this, I'm still not quite sure what applies to me.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
5.5.12. Where the applicant’s partner is working overseas and transfers with the same employer to a job in the UK, that employment may be used to meet both the overseas employment income and the confirmed job offer in the UK required under Category A or Category B.
FM1.7

But the fact you have already started working in UK means Cat A can only be used with respect to your current UK job and requires six months' worth of payslips. So you need to apply under Cat B, with required evidence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.