Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, and I've just submitted my skills assessment to ACS. What I wanted to ask was, do I need to submit a Skill Assessment for my spouse as well? I don't intend to claim points for my spouse's skills.

Also, does she need to appear for the English test (IELTS/PTE/TOEFL)? If so, what is the minimum score required?

I read somewhere that an applicant can prove that he/she has functional English if (this is just one of the conditions):

Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you are not claiming partner points, then your spouse doesn't need to complete a skills assessment. If you want to avoid the secondary visa fee which is about $4,800, then you need to demonstrate your spouse has functional English. You can find information about the fees and the functional English requirements on the DIBP website (including ways to prove this other than English tests). You can either Google "How do I prove I have Functional English" or enter Functional English in the search bar on the DIBP website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts