Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to apply for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) (If I get enough marks in PTE I may apply for 189, but not quite sure at the moment).

My wife completed B.E (Computer Science) in 2014. She got a job in HCL in October 2019 and still working. So her current experience is 1 year 3 months +

If I do ACS for my wife, will I get additional 5 points for her experience? Conditions mentioned on the PR Calculator are,

• were under 45 years old (yes, no problem)
  • had competent English (yes, no problem)
  • had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation (Yes, we both are developers)
  • had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated skilled occupation, and the assessment wasn’t for a Subclass 485 visa. (Having just 1 year+ experience. Is that fine?)

What would you suggest? Shall I do the ACS for her?

Thanks
Sid.

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
I am planning to apply for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) (If I get enough marks in PTE I may apply for 189, but not quite sure at the moment).

My wife completed B.E (Computer Science) in 2014. She got a job in HCL in October 2019 and still working. So her current experience is 1 year 3 months +

If I do ACS for my wife, will I get additional 5 points for her experience? Conditions mentioned on the PR Calculator are,

• were under 45 years old (yes, no problem)
  • had competent English (yes, no problem)
  • had nominated a skilled occupation that is on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated skilled occupation (Yes, we both are developers)
  • had a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated skilled occupation, and the assessment wasn’t for a Subclass 485 visa. (Having just 1 year+ experience. Is that fine?)

What would you suggest? Shall I do the ACS for her?

Thanks
Sid.
If you are offshore, don’t waste your time money and energy
Wait for 2 years and see how the situation unfolds
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, NB,

But I am onshore now. I am in Brisbane QLD.

Age 25
English language skill 10
Work experience offshore 10
Work experience onshore 5
Qualification 15
Partner skill 5 ( with only English language skill )

So If I Include state nomination total points would be 75 (70 + 5).

I am planning to go with “261312 - Developer Programmer”. I think I am still having enough points to apply for 190. But If I could get additional 5 marks for her experience, that would help me to get more points.

Is there any condition in IMMI for the minimum experience required for partner skill assessment? Because even if she has 10 years of experience that doesn't matter. So is there any minimum limit?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks, NB,

But I am onshore now. I am in Brisbane QLD.

Age 25
English language skill 10
Work experience offshore 10
Work experience onshore 5
Qualification 15
Partner skill 5 ( with only English language skill )

So If I Include state nomination total points would be 75 (70 + 5).

I am planning to go with “261312 - Developer Programmer”. I think I am still having enough points to apply for 190. But If I could get additional 5 marks for her experience, that would help me to get more points.

Is there any condition in IMMI for the minimum experience required for partner skill assessment? Because even if she has 10 years of experience that doesn't matter. So is there any minimum limit?
The condition is not about minimum experience, but being suitably assessed and that's where your issue is.

Because she is a B.E in Computer Science, they will deduct 2 years of her experience and since she doesn't have that yet, she will not get a positive assessment for her skills, which means you will not be able to claim points. You will have to wait until Oct 2021 to be able to get a positive assessment and subsequently claim points.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, fugutive_4u. Now It is crystal clear.

My wife told me now that she completed an MBA (Human Resource) degree in distance education (Annamalai University) from 2014-2016.

But does this will make any difference?

Thanks
Sid.

·
Registered
403 Posts

My wife told me now that she completed an MBA (Human Resource) degree in distance education (Annamalai University) from 2014-2016.

Thanks
Sid.
Nope. She doesn't have the work experience required. Be aware the ACS may require more work experience after reviewing the IT content in your wife's degree.

·
Registered
23,202 Posts

Thanks
Sid.
She would need 6 years of experience to get a positive assessment from ACS
She can consider enrolling in a part time course in development which may earn her credits for faster positive assessment
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She would need 6 years of experience to get a positive assessment from ACS
She can consider enrolling in a part time course in development which may earn her credits for faster positive assessment
Cheers
Thank you so much, NB and imjordanxd,

I have a few other small questions. Why does she need 6 years of experience? Because the MBA degree she did is of a different domain and the gap between study and work start date?

If ACS reduces 4 years because of the different domain, she needs 5 years of experience to get a positive assessment. Is another year reduced because of the gap between work and study?

I too have 2 years of gap between my work and study? Does that affect in ACS assessment?

Thanks
Sid.

·
Registered
403 Posts

I have a few other small questions. Why does she need 6 years of experience? Because the MBA degree she did is of a different domain and the gap between study and work start date?

If ACS reduces 4 years because of the different domain, she needs 5 years of experience to get a positive assessment. Is another year reduced because of the gap between work and study?

I too have 2 years of gap between my work and study? Does that affect in ACS assessment?

Thanks
Sid.
No. If the ACS deducts 4 years, you'll need 4 years to get a positive assessment. I think as long as the experience is within the last 10 years, gaps won't be an issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No. If the ACS deducts 4 years, you'll need 4 years to get a positive assessment. I think as long as the experience is within the last 10 years, gaps won't be an issue
Thank you imjordanxd and all. After all the discussions, I think It's better I do ACS only for my skill and use my wife's PTE score to get 5 points (not another 5 points for her experience).

·
Registered
23,202 Posts

Thanks
Sid.
The 6 years experience is deducted because she had not studied the relevant course
So she has learnt on the job and hence the deduction
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 6 years experience is deducted because she had not studied the relevant course
So she has learnt on the job and hence the deduction
Cheers
Okay, I have been thinking that they deduct only 4 years if the study was in a different major. Do they deduct 6 years?

Thanks
Sid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts