Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I hope you are doing well. I am an australian resident since December 2014 and i have got married recently. I just lodged Visa application for my wife under Spouse/partner visa subclass 309/100. I have a few questions to which i believe i would get answers, thanks to your patience in reading my queries.

1. While lodging the visa application, i mistakenly mentioned my postal address in the box of residential address as well. Does it make any impact on visa application? i have payslips, job offer letter and bank statement drawn in residential address only.
2. What is the list of documents to be uploaded for me and my wife?
3. In endorsing my name on my wife's passport necessary? Do i need to update this to my case officer?
4. what is the current processing time for temporary visa 309?

Thanks,
Sathi

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
1. Probably not an issue, but you could complete and upload form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answers if you want to change this.
2. Under the Visa Applicants tab of the 309 visa page on the DIBP website there is a document checklist. I would have suggested you review this before lodging your application but hopefully you have the required evidence for the visa application easily assembled.
3. Not needed for the wife to take her husband's name for a visa
4. Depends on the embassy but is typically 10-14 months for most

Reactions: sathiyaseelan

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton buddy!!

Hi buddy!

Thanks a lot for your quick response. :):) I checked the 1023 form for notification of incorrect answers. Do i need to fill in the form and upload it under the documents attached section of my wife's immi account? Or to email it to the case officer? Please note that the case officer is not allotted to me yet.

Thanks and regards,
Sathi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts