Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question.

I am Spanish exercising my treaty rights as an eea member here in UK. I have applied for and recieved my residence card and right to remain.

My wife who is south african applied for her right to remain under eea2 based on our marriage and my exercising treaty rights. She has just been refused based on the fact that they do not except the version of marriage certificate we supplied.

Granted we may have given the incorrect version but we are married, will get the correct certificate original etc.

The question is what now. The refusal letter says we have no right to appeal and she must leave yet this is nothing more than a paper error. Do we appeal now within 10days, re apply or wait untill they contact us and then appeal against it?

We recieved all our documents back minus her passport as well.

What next??

Thanking you all in advance for any light in the right direction.

C

·
Registered
24 Posts
Question.

I am Spanish exercising my treaty rights as an eea member here in UK. I have applied for and recieved my residence card and right to remain.

My wife who is south african applied for her right to remain under eea2 based on our marriage and my exercising treaty rights. She has just been refused based on the fact that they do not except the version of marriage certificate we supplied.

Granted we may have given the incorrect version but we are married, will get the correct certificate original etc.

The question is what now. The refusal letter says we have no right to appeal and she must leave yet this is nothing more than a paper error. Do we appeal now within 10days, re apply or wait untill they contact us and then appeal against it?

We recieved all our documents back minus her passport as well.

What next??

Thanking you all in advance for any light in the right direction.

C
Sorry for for the disappointment, which version of your marriage certificate did you include in uoyr application however can right the wording of the letter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original version given to us by minister in RSA where we were married along with Spanish version as we registered both. Ironically these are the same versions we used for her eu visa and uk visa to enter but now they have an issue. We think they need a full unabridged certificate which we can obtain from both RSA and Spanish Embassies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Original version given to us by minister in RSA where we were married along with Spanish version as we registered both. Ironically these are the same versions we used for her eu visa and uk visa to enter but now they have an issue. We think they need a full unabridged certificate which we can obtain from both RSA and Spanish Embassies.
I don't know how it works in SA but if is original it cant be reissued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.