Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My husband is from Spain and I am from Argentina, and our daughter has dual nationality.
We would like to move to nordic countries or Ireland.

I know that he can work without problem, but can I ?
What process do I have to fulfil first?

Thanks in advance,
Noemi.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Hi,

My husband is from Spain and I am from Argentina, and our daughter has dual nationality.
We would like to move to nordic countries or Ireland.

I know that he can work without problem, but can I ?
What process do I have to fulfil first?

Thanks in advance,
Noemi.
It will depend on which specific country you choose, but generally there is some kind of registration process for the EU citizen, & once that is completed, the non-EU citizen can apply for residency as the spouse of an EU citizen exercising treaty rights.

Each country will have it's own specific requirements, but once (if) residency is granted, the non-EU citizen has the same rights as an EU citizen, for as long as the EU citizen is exercising treaty rights in that country.

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
Just to add to that a bit - each country has a slightly different set of requirements to determining if the EU national is "exercising their EU rights." Very often, the EU national has to have some sort of financial resources - a job, a pension, a healthy bank account - or be an enrolled student in a degree program of some sort. If the EU national is "looking for work" they may not be considered to be "exercising their EU rights."
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts