Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I would like to know that I have lodged my EOI a few days back. There is a marriage proposal going on, so I would like to add my future spouse to my current application.
As far as I know, the cost for adding spouse is 1800 AUD and I have to get married before the visa grant comes.

But if for some reason the marriage doesn't go through, what is the process and would there be any money charged for it. Would I still need to pay full 1800 AUD or any partial amount if I don't get married before the visa is granted? Is there any cumbersome process involved.

Any information on this will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its not necessary to get married, you still can claim her as partner/de facto. Anyway you will have to proof that your relationship is "genuine and long-lasting" (mire then 12 months).
You can withdraw her anytime but you will not get refund as your paying at the moment of lodging visa application

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a quick turnaround, as far as I know, at the moment of lodging visa application, I need to pay money for her, but what if I removed her name from PR application before lodging the visa application?

Would it delay the process or do I need to pay some extra money?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you are married/de facto (generally, that's living together for at least 12 months), then you include their name in the application and pay the additional fee. If your relationship breaks down before the visa is granted, then you advise DIBP of this and ask that their name be withdrawn. I'm not sure if you are refunded the money, but normally DIBP does not give refunds except in a few very limited situations, e.g. the person dies.

If you aren't yet married or living in a de facto relationship, then you cannot include them in your application as they would not meet the criteria of dependent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts