Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any compulsory requirement to amend passport to add the name of spouse in it. I already have marriage certificate issued by Govt department. Is it enough or if I add the name of my wife in my passport to make my case more strong

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Is there any compulsory requirement to amend passport to add the name of spouse in it. I already have marriage certificate issued by Govt department. Is it enough or if I add the name of my wife in my passport to make my case more strong
In my opinion, more important is the genuine relationship proofs rather then having the spouse name in each other passport
Anyways when you have a child, you will need to have spouse name in each other passport, so you may as well get it done now

But beware, that this name addition does not end your problems in satisfying the CO that you are in a genuine relationship

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
it is better that either of you or spouse has details of spouse in their passport, but it is not a mandate,

in recent times it has been seen that passport offices issue PCC only when you have updated spouse name in the passport, so if you happen to visit such a PSK then be ready for it

marriage certificate is a good evidence, but name in passport makes the evidence stronger

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
In my opinion, more important is the genuine relationship proofs rather then having the spouse name in each other passport
Anyways when you have a child, you will need to have spouse name in each other passport, so you may as well get it done now

But beware, that this name addition does not end your problems in satisfying the CO that you are in a genuine relationship

Cheers

Anyways when you have a child, you will need to have spouse name in each other passport,

can you tell me more on this ???

i have got passport for our baby without doing addition of spouse name in passport

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Anyways when you have a child, you will need to have spouse name in each other passport,

can you tell me more on this ???

i have got passport for our baby without doing addition of spouse name in passport
Here you go

What’s the rule for endorsement of parents names in passport? The rule is that, if either one of the parents have passport (valid or expired), it is mandatory to have their spouse name endorsed on it to apply for child’s passport

https://redbus2us.com/apply-minor-passport-without-spouse-name-endorsed-experience/

Bangalore PSK is highly efficient but also known for being a stickler for rules

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts