Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could someone please tell me when the court hearing date is for the spouse income threshold reruirement , or any1 have a rough idea when it may be?
Some people have said 28 october, but now i saw somewhere 3 march 2014. ??? Is it even possible for it to be that far away as due to this so many applications are on hold etc , i thought the process would have been sped up !

Would appreciate any opinion

Thank u

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody knows. Next year would be a good guess.
Thank you for your quick response.

I dont know if you remember but i had also got some advice from you around a month ago about being put on hold because i was not in the country and had unpaid leave (although still in employment as per my contract) and hence they said i was not in continuous employment because i fell short in meeting the income.

My question to you would be this, would you advise just waiting until next year until the law change (or is that risky because the law might not change at all regarding income) OR submitting a fresh application.. However, due to unforseen circumstances it will mean having to wait another 6 months anyway again to get full 6 month continuous wage slips....

Thank u in advance

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
Don't count on the government lowering the income requirement any time soon. They will fight tooth and nail to maintain the current level, if not to increase it in line with inflation.
So withdrawing and re-applying when you can meet the current requirement seems the sensible way. A lot of people whose application has been out on hold are doing the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.