Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My partner and I are preparing as we are applying for the ILR in a couple of months. He tried getting time off work but because he works shift and if he's away he's not paid. It's not guaranteed that his bosses will give him that time.

I read on the UKBA site that a letter may suffice if your partner can't attend the same day service. What will this letter have to entail? Would it be the reasons can't attend and a telephone number to reach them on? Would it also help to get a letter from his job? Or should we just apply by post to be safe?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just a letter from your partner stating he cannot attend, perhaps giving a reason (so that it isn't a reflection of a deteriorating relationship or something). He should also give his landline or mobile number at which he can be contacted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a letter from your partner stating he cannot attend, perhaps giving a reason (so that it isn't a reflection of a deteriorating relationship or something). He should also give his landline or mobile number at which he can be contacted.
Thanks Joopa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.