Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my spouse has been a pharmacist for 25 years. Holds licenses in 4 states in the USA. Can she get a position in Singapore and qualify for an employment pass. How? where? any possibility of an online pharmacy related job?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Expat World: to be a pharmacist here, you need to get endorsed by the Pharmacy board.

You should start there ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
my spouse has been a pharmacist for 25 years. Holds licenses in 4 states in the USA. Can she get a position in Singapore and qualify for an employment pass. How? where? any possibility of an online pharmacy related job?
Hi, I was wondering how your research to this question has panned out. I'm in the same boat. Licensed in U.S. states ...g etting moves to Singapore for my husband's job and I want to work as a pharmacist. I just don't know where to start! thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Buddies,

Had one friend asking about the same question for his pharmacist wife. Look thru in the net, and found these, hope it helps you:

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...c2aed Status:inforce Depth:0;rec=0;whole=yes

look up para 16 item #2 for you with degree not from Singapore.

You can look up para 17 and 19 too, where applicable, and if you are permanently residing here, you may want to improve to para 18. all in all, read the whole act for your full understanding. I saw that you actually can start low before registration.

As for your registration, you may check this page: Becoming a Pharmacist | SPC.

be sure that your univ is in this list: http://www.healthprofessionals.gov....docs/Others/SPC_Recognised_Qualifications.pdf

and this is the particular requirement for you foreign trained pharmacist to register and practice in Singapore: For Foreign-trained Graduates / Pharmacists | SPC

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was wondering how your research to this question has panned out. I'm in the same boat. Licensed in U.S. states ...g etting moves to Singapore for my husband's job and I want to work as a pharmacist. I just don't know where to start! thanks in advance for your help!
Same thing happening to me now. Any luck there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts