Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'd like to know if my wife can enter Ireland.

Basically, I'm EEA citizen who has been working in Northern Ireland for more than five years. My wife already got Family Permit and EEA2 visa in last 5 years. She has withdrawal the application of EEA4, even the COA letter was issued to her. We have a little child born in NI and got the Irish citizen.

Now they are planning back to NI by entering Dublin in August 2015. I'm wondering the Famiy Permit from a UK embassy if she apply can allow her to enter Ireland.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, residence card will allow her to travel via Dublin.
Hi Joppa

But I prefer for her to apply the family permit visa for faster process to get visa before their flight on August.

Dose the family permit visa issued from UK allow her to enter Ireland (Dublin) without my accompany travel with her?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
EEA family permit is only valid for UK, and doesn't allow her entry into Ireland if she is a visa national. She needs a separate visa for Ireland.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EEA family permit is only valid for UK, and doesn't allow her entry into Ireland if she is a visa national. She needs a separate visa for Ireland.
Is there any statement or rule in the regulations that EEA Family Permit visa is taken as a valid visa to enter Ireland?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any statement or rule in the regulations that EEA Family Permit visa is taken as a valid visa to enter Ireland?
Sorry, I mean any support from Common Travel Area indicates that a non-eea national can travel to Ireland with EEA Family Permit visa.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I said she can't. Why do you doubt? Ireland has its own visa regulations, and except for a few cases (mainly to do with Chinese and Indian tourists), you need separate visa for Ireland as visa national. To qualify for entry under EU rules, she will need residence card from another EEA country.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I said she can't. Why do you doubt? Ireland has its own visa regulations, and except for a few cases (mainly to do with Chinese and Indian tourists), you need separate visa for Ireland as visa national. To qualify for entry under EU rules, she will need residence card from another EEA country.
Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Joppa

Ok, not applying FP, but with just her travel document "Macao Special Administrative Region Travel Permit". I'd be grateful if you would help these:

1) does this travel document allow her free visa to enter Ireland?
a) any how long?

2) if 1) above passed, what is the next step she must do to clear the visa stamp marked on her passport, without breach she will make after its expiry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joppa

Ok, not applying FP, but with just her travel document "Macao Special Administrative Region Travel Permit". I'd be grateful if you would help these:

1) does this travel document allow her free visa to enter Ireland?
a) any how long?

2) if 1) above passed, what is the next step she must do to clear the visa stamp marked on her passport, without breach she will make after its expiry.
Or anyone's answer will be highly appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.