Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Expats,
I am a nube here.. please help me out...
Is spouse's english language test score required to submit the EOI?
Or I can submit EOI and have the results ready by the time I receive the invite?

Or better,
My wife has post graduate degree, which was taught in english, from India. What documents need to be submitted as proof of english proficiency in order to avoid taking the IELTS or other english test?

TIA,
Jd

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dear Expats,
Or I can submit EOI and have the results ready by the time I receive the invite?

Or better,
My wife has post graduate degree, which was taught in english, from India. What documents need to be submitted as proof of english proficiency in order to avoid taking the IELTS or other english test?

TIA,
Jd
check the below links.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...9289-english-language-requirement-spouse.html

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
According the website, for Functional English,

Completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education in an educational institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
Completed at least five years of secondary education in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
Successfully completed at least one year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in an institution in Australia and all instructions were in English.
Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

So can I just submit the degree certificates, as a proof?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dear Expats,

Or better,

TIA,
Jd
You do not need any of this at this stage - submission of EOI; if you are not claiming points for your partner's skills.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: luvjd
1 - 4 of 4 Posts