Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to apply with my wife, she is Graduate in fine arts, B.A (Fine arts) but I don’t want her to appear in IELTS exam, I want to ask that will her degree be enough for proof of English?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
no a degree isnt enough, they need a letter fmor the univ and school stating she did all her education in english. it depends on teh CO, if he/she isnt satisfied, they might ask for it (IELTS)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no a degree isnt enough, they need a letter fmor the univ and school stating she did all her education in english. it depends on teh CO, if he/she isnt satisfied, they might ask for it (IELTS)
Sound logical, degree should not be enough.
I can get letters from school and college, no issue at all.
Can I apply without her IELTS letter by choosing “no Ielts” option in e-visa form? And providing her school college lettrs.
If CO finds proof of English are not enough, what will he do?
• Will reject the visa.
• Will ask for IELTS score.
• Will ask for second installment for tuition fee

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sound logical, degree should not be enough.
I can get letters from school and college, no issue at all.
Can I apply without her IELTS letter by choosing “no Ielts” option in e-visa form? And providing her school college lettrs.
If CO finds proof of English are not enough, what will he do?
• Will reject the visa.
• Will ask for IELTS score.
• Will ask for second installment for tuition fee

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
any of the three. but best is to go for IELTS, there are some who got rejected, there are some who were asked for more proofs and there are some who were asked to pay the 2nd installment.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it is written on the degree that the medium of instruction is English; should we still need a letter from the university?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes, as i said a friend did not take ielts and submitted proofs, he was asked for more proofs, which was a letter form the college & school authority and there is another someone whose visa was rejected on same ground and another someone at the forum who was asked to pay the 2nd installment.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any of the three. but best is to go for IELTS, there are some who got rejected, there are some who were asked for more proofs and there are some who were asked to pay the 2nd installment.
hi
she can appear in the IELTS not now but after applying the visa, currently she is not in this position to study or appear in the exam.
will it work?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
in my opinion, dont take the risk but i am no expert as i said i have seen visas being rejected and i have seen cases where they have asked for proof etc. you can take an expert guidance on this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi
she can appear in the IELTS not now but after applying the visa, currently she is not in this position to study or appear in the exam.
will it work?
yes she can sit in ielts exam after lodging application.

but, it is almost mandatory for her to sit in exam.

don't take risk. as if they have at least made decision to ask for 2nd installment, you will not have other choice but to submit the 2nd installment.

so dont take risk for 10000.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If u submit letter from college/Univ stating "Medium of 3 year course was english" then rejection is not possible. DIAC required to have studied ur graduation/PG in English.

yes she can sit in ielts exam after lodging application.

but, it is almost mandatory for her to sit in exam.

don't take risk. as if they have at least made decision to ask for 2nd installment, you will not have other choice but to submit the 2nd installment.

so dont take risk for 10000.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yes, as i said a friend did not take ielts and submitted proofs, he was asked for more proofs, which was a letter form the college & school authority and there is another someone whose visa was rejected on same ground and another someone at the forum who was asked to pay the 2nd installment.
Hi,
The scenario of Visa application is straight forward rejected doesn't make any sense, either one can provide English proof or he could be asked to submit the IELTS score or pay the 2nd installment.

Anj will u plz give more insight on rejecting the application without giving the aforesaid options ?

Thx!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts