Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all are fine, i am applying in Skilled Independent Subclass 189 as primary applicant for Australia immigration and want to add spouse points also. My wife has done MS in Clinical Psychology. my questions are

1- In this case, what ielts score is needed for my wife .. if i want to add the spouse points in my application e.g: ielts GT ... 6 each ?

2- Assessment of wife's education is necessary ? if yes then what authority will assess the education of MS Clinical Psychology if you have some web links for details, kindly share your feedback is valuable for me

Regards,
Farooq
Pakistan

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
From the DIBP website:

"You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
  • were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation."

For Competent English, she would need to get at least 6 in all components of the IELTS. Other English tests are also available.

For a Clinical Psychologist, according to the SOL she needs to have her skills assessment done through APS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,

I have a question on same lines.
I am into an IT Profession , but hold a MECHANICAL B.E degree. I wish to have my degree/education assesment done as well to take advantage of 15 point for education.
Will Vetasses do my assesment or is it EA ?
Secondly , I will be getting my wife engineering degree(Computers) assesment as well . Who will do that ?
ACS ? VETASSES ? or EA

Kindly help

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Friends,

I have doubt ,

**had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

What it means, particular state have separate list and common STSOL list for whole australia.

Which list they are refereing if you plan to go for 190 NSW?

Do we need to check NSW state list or common STSOL list?

Please any expert clarify me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.