Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spouse/ dependant visa submitted

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gkt 
#1 ·
Dear all,

We have finally submitted our visas today. Spouse visa for me and dependant visa for my child. Here is a quick run through of what we submitted. Please anyone to advise if this list seems ok for the visas of both me and my child? And also did I need to include the father to my childs passport?

Spouse Visa (sponsor)
1. Sponsors bank statements
2. Sponsors pay slips
3. Sponsor passport Bio Page
4. Sponsor birth certificate
5. Sponsor Letter of introduction
6. Mortgage statements
9. Land registry documents
10. pics during my visits to him and his visits to me
11. our wedding pictures
12. divorce certificates
13. Letter from the mother confirming our relationship

Applicant
1. bank statements
2. payslips
3. Passports
4. copy of old passports with schengen visa stamps in
5. Divorce certificate
6. Marriage certificate ( orginal and copy)
7. letter of introduction
8. Gmail chat logs, phone call logs
9. letter from applicants father confirming relationship betweeen the two of us (sponsor and applicant)

Dependant (child) visa application documents
1. Consent letter by ther childs father (nortarized)
2. Letter of introduction by the childs father (explaining why he has consented)
4. My payslips and sponsors pay slips (the step father)
5. Official Land registry
6. Child with step father pictures
8. Letter of introduction by me the mother
9. Childs birth certificate (original and copy)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there :) Nerve racking isn't it? Just some questions regarding your child. From what I understand your husband is the step father, did you provide evidence of sole responsibility? This is crucial for your child to get his visa How I Proved Sole Responsibility for UK Visa: United Kingdom expat forum (I provided support letters from pediatrician, school, English tutor, etc. where they would state that I was the only one in charge of my kids and all the decisions and payments. I also provided payslips from activities, etc).

You did not need to include the father's passport, I didn't, however I did send a copy of his driver's license (he didn't have a passport) so they could check his address, etc. just in case they needed to contact him or what not.

Good luck! :)

#3 ·
Hi there Aliana, well I only submitted the nortarized consent letter by the father, and an introduction letter by the father stating reasons why he has allowed for the child to go with me, also he mentioned to them that before he has consented also that I traveled with my daughter for two years outside my country and I also included pictures of me and my daughter when we were away, me and that father have never been married. I also got a letter from my employers and they stated that my daughter is on their medical scheme since am the guardian to my daughter. So maybe this will help with my daughters application....just not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.