Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few references in various posts to people including "logs" of emails, IMs, WhatsApp etc. and I was wondering what constitutes a log?

For example, my wife and I have been chatting using Gmail Chat for about 6 years. When I go to "Chats" on my gmail I've got hundreds of pages of chats with her. Is a simple screen capture of a given page considered a log? Doesn't seem very technical.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When people talk about logs, they are referring to a summary page. Like when you go to your email inbox, it lists name, date, subject line. Something along those lines.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Screen captures are fine. I am familiar with how Gmail summarises chats in the Inbox window; you could just take a screenshot of a few snippets of chat per every month or so. You don't need to show much of the body of your messages; as salix notes, the date and timestamp are most important.

There are a myriad of ways you can satisfy the communication requirement, all you really have to do is prove you've been in contact during the times you were living apart. You have been together six years and are married, I highly doubt the ECO will find difficulty believing the genuineness of your relationship :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.