Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have Australian PR visa and got a job there and joining in December 2013. My wife and kid does not have any visa. When and what visa I can apply for them, so they can join me there asap. Please help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi shel, thanks for your reply. I am joining my comoany on 2nd December. Is it possible to invite my wife and kid on tourist or visitor visa and then apply from Australia. If yes, can you please tell me Visa number.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi deepz,

you should have included them in your PR application - that would have been much easier ;). Anyways, unfortunately you cannot bring them to Australia on a tourist visa and apply for PR while they are here. More details on why the Australian authorities do not allow this can be found on the Family Migration Q&A page. To quote:

Can I lodge an application for a partner visa if I am in Australia on a visitor visa?
The purpose of a visitor visa is to holiday and visit family. It is not intended to enable the lodging of an application for a permanent visa whilst in Australia. Consequently, visitor and other temporary visas may be granted with a 'no further stay' condition. A 'no further stay' condition is applied to all Sponsored Family Visitor Visas.

If your current visa was granted with a 'no further stay' condition you will not be able to apply for or be granted any further visitor visa while you remain in Australia unless you meet very limited and specific criteria which allow the 'no further stay' condition to be waived.
Cheers,
Monika

1 - 4 of 4 Posts