Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have cleared the English exam. But my points are 60. Its long waiting time for 60 pointer to get the PR.

I want to add few more points. Below are my queries :

1) I have overall 6 years of experience in India. But considering 4.5 years because one of my company not giving me experience letter with R&R. I have all salary slips and other document for that company. Even I also have email from HR head that company can't provide me such letter. My colleagues also afraid in giving me affidavit. Please let me know the way so that I can show 5 years local experience, thus can increase points to 65.

2) My spouse have got 6 each in IELTS. She also has the same qualification that I have. But she is housewife. Can I get 5 marks from her. Moreover, If she starts working now, can after 3 months or so she will be eligible.

Thanks,

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi,

I have cleared the English exam. But my points are 60. Its long waiting time for 60 pointer to get the PR.

I want to add few more points. Below are my queries :

1) I have overall 6 years of experience in India. But considering 4.5 years because one of my company not giving me experience letter with R&R. I have all salary slips and other document for that company. Even I also have email from HR head that company can't provide me such letter. My colleagues also afraid in giving me affidavit. Please let me know the way so that I can show 5 years local experience, thus can increase points to 65.

2) My spouse have got 6 each in IELTS. She also has the same qualification that I have. But she is housewife. Can I get 5 marks from her. Moreover, If she starts working now, can after 3 months or so she will be eligible.

Thanks,
1.) You have to get either letter or affidavit, else the other option is wait for 6 months to increase your points
2.) For claiming spouse points you need the following conditions satisfied:
  1. Spouse needs to be less than 50 years of age
  2. Should have atleast competent English like eg.) atleast 50 in all components of PTE... Definitely need to write English exam, certificate from college will not help
  3. Should be positively assessed by relevant assessment authority eg.) ACS
    Note: For ACS to give positive assessment minimum 2 years of experience is required, so only if your spouse has working experience you will get positive assessment from ACS. I dont know about other authorities like EA etc..
  4. You and your spouse should have occupation present on same list eg.) If you are a Software Engineer 261313, it is present in both MLTSSL and STSOL, so your partner's occupation can be present in either MLTSSL or STSOL, whereas if your occupation is present in only STSOL then your partner's occupation should be present in same STSOL and you cannot apply for 189, but can go for 190 VISA in the second case

Your only option is to improve english score or wait for increase in experience. I recommend you try improving english

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.) You have to get either letter or affidavit, else the other option is wait for 6 months to increase your points
2.) For claiming spouse points you need the following conditions satisfied:
  1. Spouse needs to be less than 50 years of age
  2. Should have atleast competent English like eg.) atleast 50 in all components of PTE... Definitely need to write English exam, certificate from college will not help
  3. Should be positively assessed by relevant assessment authority eg.) ACS
    Note: For ACS to give positive assessment minimum 2 years of experience is required, so only if your spouse has working experience you will get positive assessment from ACS. I dont know about other authorities like EA etc..
  4. You and your spouse should have occupation present on same list eg.) If you are a Software Engineer 261313, it is present in both MLTSSL and STSOL, so your partner's occupation can be present in either MLTSSL or STSOL, whereas if your occupation is present in only STSOL then your partner's occupation should be present in same STSOL and you cannot apply for 189, but can go for 190 VISA in the second case

Your only option is to improve english score or wait for increase in experience. I recommend you try improving english
Thanks for reply,

Actually, I have just got to know that ACS deduct 2 hrs from work experience. So If I have 5 years exp, it will consider as 3 years. Now I calculated my experience it is 4 years and 3 months if I exclude from one company from which I didn't had any references/affidavit. Now my score is 55. Any luck. Or what you suggest. I have IELTS 7,7,7,7 can exceed more than that.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks for reply,

Actually, I have just got to know that ACS deduct 2 hrs from work experience. So If I have 5 years exp, it will consider as 3 years. Now I calculated my experience it is 4 years and 3 months if I exclude from one company from which I didn't had any references/affidavit. Now my score is 55. Any luck. Or what you suggest. I have IELTS 7,7,7,7 can exceed more than that.
Could you please post your breakdown of points?

If you have 4 years 3 months of exp excluding the mentioned company then it is not possible to gain point through that till you become 5 years i.e 9 more months

And spouse points is also out of the question.
Now the only way to improve your score is through English exam... try PTE since you got good score in IELTS, it will be easy for you to score 79+ in PTE in each component, thereby gaining additional 10 points = 65 points total

When it becomes 65 points, submit EOI immediately, so even if it takes time for your invitation, with due time you will get exp points also there by increasing your chance.

Follow below for PTE advice:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/672738-pte-exam.html

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-way-to-prepare-for-PTE-Pearson-Test-in-English --> Ashish Jain's answer

NOTE: . ACS deducts minimum 2years to N years ... how many years ACS deducts depends on educational qualification

1 - 4 of 4 Posts