Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members

Please advise list of documents required to add Spouse to 475 Visa after the visa is granted to main applicant?

Though I know Form 1276 and English Proficiency (IELTS or English Proficiency Certificate) need to be provided. Please advise list of other documents required along with the procedure to lodge the paper based application at ASPC?

Please if one can share the link of the Fees that I have to pay for the Spouse visa?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Didn't some one guide you before? When your Visa was being processed, u shudv included her with you. Now I think u will have to pay 2960 Visa fee and if she doesnot succeed to get 4.5 Overall band in IELTS, another 4110 shall be charged as second instalment.
You need to provide all her educational documents, birth certificate, marriage certificate, her identity/ social card, passport, proof of residence, family details.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Labeeb

I was un-married the time I lodged my application. Her medium of instruction is English, and I got a certificate of it from the Uni. Hope it will work instead of sitting and scoring 4.5 in IELTS?

Apart from those documents and Form 1276 is there any other form's that are required?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks Labeeb

I was un-married the time I lodged my application. Her medium of instruction is English, and I got a certificate of it from the Uni. Hope it will work instead of sitting and scoring 4.5 in IELTS?

Apart from those documents and Form 1276 is there any other form's that are required?
so what actually is the procedure to add wife's name? I am also unmarried, and have got my grant, getting married in few month's time and will need to add her name to the VISA so that she can also work there, can you please advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Members

Please advise list of documents required to add Spouse to 475 Visa after the visa is granted to main applicant?

Though I know Form 1276 and English Proficiency (IELTS or English Proficiency Certificate) need to be provided. Please advise list of other documents required along with the procedure to lodge the paper based application at ASPC?

Please if one can share the link of the Fees that I have to pay for the Spouse visa?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I am in the same situation . Can you let me know if your wife managed to be added to your 475 visa ? My email adress is doinadoina91 at yahoo dot com .
If anyone managed to add their wife on their 475 visa , please let me know .

Thank you !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Now as 475 Visa is no more so you need to apply for "Application for Provisional Skilled Regional – Subsequent Entrant Visa (489)" Visa to add your partner. Its a simple application procedure asking for general details. Link to apply is:

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa

Fee will be 3060$, I got my wife Visa in around a month time. Documents need to be provided at time when Case Officer demands for it. Best wishes

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi

Now as 475 Visa is no more so you need to apply for "Application for Provisional Skilled Regional – Subsequent Entrant Visa (489)" Visa to add your partner. Its a simple application procedure asking for general details. Link to apply is:

Fee will be 3060$, I got my wife Visa in around a month time. Documents need to be provided at time when Case Officer demands for it. Best wishes
3060? . I read somewhere that if you hold a 475 , its cost only 200+ AUD to get 489 . And your partner can be added to 489 .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3060? . I read somewhere that if you hold a 475 , its cost only 200+ AUD to get 489 . And your partner can be added to 489 .
I applied online for my wife and was asked for the said amount. Please if you can share the link where you read so. And also in the form below the fee is same as I mentioned. Thanks.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

·
Registered
279 Posts
I applied online for my wife and was asked for the said amount. Please if you can share the link where you read so. And also in the form below the fee is same as I mentioned. Thanks.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

It says cost 280 , if you already hold 475 . While converting to 489 , you can include your partner who wasn't included in previous application . Did u apply subsequent entrant visa or something?

Correct me If I'm wrong .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It says cost 280 , if you already hold 475 . While converting to 489 , you can include your partner who wasn't included in previous application . Did u apply subsequent entrant visa or something?

Correct me If I'm wrong .
I have to apply for 489 Visa as a Subsequent Entrant only for my wife after July 2012. Though I am still on 475 visa. And the cost I paid was 3060.

Now people who are on 475 visa and they want to extend there stay due to some reason have to apply for 489 visa. The cost in that case MIGHT be 280 and they MIGHT add family members at that time.

Just to mention that also I lodge paper based 475 Visa application for my wife after July 2012. It was refused as that visa is not valid any more.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have to apply for 489 Visa as a Subsequent Entrant only for my wife after July 2012. Though I am still on 475 visa. And the cost I paid was 3060.

Now people who are on 475 visa and they want to extend there stay due to some reason have to apply for 489 visa. The cost in that case MIGHT be 280 and they MIGHT add family members at that time.

Just to mention that also I lodge paper based 475 Visa application for my wife after July 2012. It was refused as that visa is not valid any more.
I don't think a person holding a 475 has to wait up to 3 yrs to apply 489 to get an extension . He or she can apply anytime required . If thats the case , he will hav to pay only 280 including his partner for 4 yr visa. Am I right?

Also , your wife got 489 valid for 4 yrs , and urs will be 3 yrs so , u will hav to renew to 489 again or u can stay up to 4 yrs?

Just curious to know these stuff as it might be helpful to me and other people as well . :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think a person holding a 475 has to wait up to 3 yrs to apply 489 to get an extension . He or she can apply anytime required . If thats the case , he will hav to pay only 280 including his partner for 4 yr visa. Am I right?

Also , your wife got 489 valid for 4 yrs , and urs will be 3 yrs so , u will hav to renew to 489 again or u can stay up to 4 yrs?

Just curious to know these stuff as it might be helpful to me and other people as well . :)
No idea about ur first comment/ query as I enquired and applied for 489 as Subsequent Entrant.

No my wife visa is valid as like my visa validity date i.e. 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
475 subsequent entrant

Dear MFB,

Thank you very much, my wife have just send my documents and I received them by today and I was planning to launch my wife subsequent entrant application in coming week.

I want to know that how much time your wife was given to make first entry to Australia after visa was granted to her???

your reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Taha Jamal
475 visa Queensland

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear fellows.

489 visa will be granted to 475 visa holder after they have met their visa conditions that is living in regional area this will be a one year extension after 3 years.It is for the people who have met their visa conditions but unable to met their requirement for PR so it is quiet obvious you will launch this visa near to exiry date of you current 475 visa.If you met you requirement of 475 visa that is living in regional area for 2 years and working 35 hours per week for one year you can apply for 887 visa which is a PR visa actually this 489 extension is given to peole like who are unable to fulfill requirment of 35 hours er week or any other requirement.

keeping in minds about regional area it is not easy to do 35 hours per week if you wont get a rofessional job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
secondly 280 AUD visa fees for subsequent entrant is for people who have 489 visa or who have applied after introduction of skill select system not for people who have 475 visa.

These are my understanding I might be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

i am 475 visa holder. I have applied for my wifes visa (489 subsequent entrant visa) on 16th October 2012. Still waiting for a case officer to be assigned. Can anybody suggest me what should i do now? Should i wait or contact to the department as its almost two months?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

i am 475 visa holder. I have applied for my wifes visa (489 subsequent entrant visa) on 16th October 2012. Still waiting for a case officer to be assigned. Can anybody suggest me what should i do now? Should i wait or contact to the department as its almost two months?
Hi,

We will also apply for a "489 subsequent entrant visa" and i saw your note about waiting already for two months for a case officer to be assigned. How is the situation at the moment? Was a case officer assigned? Does your wife already got a visa?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

Hi,

I was very happy to hear that your wife got the visa in one month.
How long did it take you for a case officer to be assigned to your application?

Also, can you give me a bit more details about the process. After you submitted the online application what documents/evidence were requested from you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

We will also apply for a "489 subsequent entrant visa" and i saw your note about waiting already for two months for a case officer to be assigned. How is the situation at the moment? Was a case officer assigned? Does your wife already got a visa?
Hi Doina!

I called the dept. They said that i might not get knocked after my case officer being assigned. I will get notification or case officer will knock me if there is any necessary.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.