Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I came to visit my parents in the UK with a long term 2 year multiple entry visit visa as I had travelled to the UK twice before. I arrived September 2013 and have stayed since, breaching the conditions for not staying for more than 6 months. My visa will expire on the 26th of June and I have found a British citizen whom I ve been together with for a year now and planning on getting married. I know i have to register my marriage and apply from my home country but Im kinda scared as I have breached the conditions of my visa though it is yet to expire. Will that affect my application in any way? Thanks

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
The fact your visa is still valid is immaterial. On your multi-entry visit visa, you are only allowed a maximum of 6 months per visit so you've overstayed by over a year. You won't be able to get married in UK as illegal immigrant, and having overstayed for so long, chances of being granted spouse visa must be slim.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
That's the only option you have, and with over a year's overstay on record, you won't have much of a chance of spouse visa on suitability grounds (being an immigration offender).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.