Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone I have a question regarding my visa. I am currently on a two year spousal visa. My visa expires sept. 13th of this year. All the information online says apply before the end of expiration. How early can I apply for my extension? I am planning on doing the premium service for this. My next question is.... is there a time that you are not allowed to travel before your visa expires? The situation is that i would like to go home for a visit and return to England mid July. I would obviously wait until I return back to the UK before applying for my renewal. I am questioning if I would be allowed to travel that close to my visa expiring. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Your last question first. You can re-enter UK right up to the day before the expiry date. Of course border agent will want to know whether you intend to renew your leave.
You can apply on the 30-month anniversary of your UK arrival with the current visa, then up to 28 days before. Premium service booking opens exactly 6 weeks before.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
So you are on FLR (M). You can apply no earlier than 28 days before your visa expires. Regular holidays are fine and there is no restriction on travelling before renewal.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
If you qualify for settlement after being in UK for 5 years, you can apply up to 28 days before your current leave expires. You need to pass the Life in the UK test.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
She didn't make herself clear, did she? Had to read her posting history to find out what was going on. No need to try to score point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.