Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so i am new to this site, and i am curious to different things for my visa application. I was able to print one out just so i know what questions they ask and so i can make sure i have everything when i go to file my application online.

I am in the united states going to the UK my husband is in the British Army and there is a new thing out about the cost of visa. and also that on the application it ask for "Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offenses)" i have speeding tickets and things like tha. Is that what they mean when they say traffic offenses? should i just include a copy of my driving recorded? its one of those things nothing that i have had done was "criminal" so i guess what im really asking is what should i include?

Also, the application asks about housing and living arrangements. since he is in HM Forces we dont know our address and we might not know it when i file for my application because the only thing the Army can tell us is that one will be provided once i get there or a few days before i arrive. And is that considered public funds?

Im so worried and so stressed out about this i dont know what to do. please help :confused2:

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Hi, so i am new to this site, and i am curious to different things for my visa application. I was able to print one out just so i know what questions they ask and so i can make sure i have everything when i go to file my application online.

I am in the united states going to the UK my husband is in the British Army and there is a new thing out about the cost of visa. and also that on the application it ask for "Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offenses)" i have speeding tickets and things like tha. Is that what they mean when they say traffic offenses? should i just include a copy of my driving recorded? its one of those things nothing that i have had done was "criminal" so i guess what im really asking is what should i include?
You can ignore regualr speeding tickets as they aren't regarded as criminal convictions in UK. Declare only if you had to appear in court (or plead guilty by letter) and if fine or disqualification/licence suspension was imposed.

Also, the application asks about housing and living arrangements. since he is in HM Forces we dont know our address and we might not know it when i file for my application because the only thing the Army can tell us is that one will be provided once i get there or a few days before i arrive. And is that considered public funds?
There are special provisions for those in HM Forces bringing family members to UK. You need to get certain documents and letters from his unit confirming certain facts, such as availability of accommodation.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...ischapter15/section1/section1.pdf?view=Binary
While it relates to non-UK citzens enlisted with HM forces, the sections concerning family are basically applicable to you. Remember you still need to apply for and receive a spouse visa before arriving in UK - it's just that some of the requirements are different.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you again very much!!! you are a very helpful person. especially since it is so hard to actually speak to a person at the UKBA. thanks gain!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.