Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on what to submit as proof of subsisting relationship for my husbands visa to settle in the UK.

We have mainly communicated through whatsapp and facetime during our 4 year relationship. I have a whatsapp chat which i exported from the first few months of us being together, which shows conversations between us but has the nickname i had for him rather than his name and only shows the date without the year in the messages. I have changed phones during our time together and i now only have an exported chat from December 2015 to present (which is over 200 pages) and nothing in between. Also the facetime calls on my phone also dont go back very far, so im worried this wont be enough.

We did live together for 1 year but due to my visa i was unable to take up employment or get a bank account etc so everything was in my husbands name. I also seem to have deleted the majority of my flight booking so only have the stamps on my passport as proof of my trips to visit him.

Can anyone advise what i should submit or should I add this to my sponsor cover letter to explain?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
They don't require proof of communication anymore, just the marriage certificate will do (and maybe send in a copy of your previous tenancy agreement together if you have it). In the past it was recommended to send 10-15 pages (total) of chat/screenshots/logs and 10-15 photos, at most, but they don't seem to want this anymore. They may ask for proof if they have reason to believe the marriage is not genuine, but don't agonise over this.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't require proof of communication anymore, just the marriage certificate will do (and maybe send in a copy of your previous tenancy agreement together if you have it). In the past it was recommended to send 10-15 pages (total) of chat/screenshots/logs and 10-15 photos, at most, but they don't seem to want this anymore. They may ask for proof if they have reason to believe the marriage is not genuine, but don't agonise over this.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information
Thanks clever-octopus, I've been stressing so much over this! Im not sure if my husband still has this or not but it was only in my husbands name, so I thought I would need to provide proof of the relationship!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Not really, under normal circumstances. I would imagine that it is not a grievous offence to still provide some evidence of a genuine relationship (proof of visits and/or photos together) but I think they want to cut down on the masses of emails/chat logs/etc. which they I'm sure don't enjoy sifting through

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really, under normal circumstances. I would imagine that it is not a grievous offence to still provide some evidence of a genuine relationship (proof of visits and/or photos together) but I think they want to cut down on the masses of emails/chat logs/etc. which they I'm sure don't enjoy sifting through
Thanks clever-octopus! I really appreciate your help!

I can provide a copy my passport pages with my entry and exit stamps to south africa as proof of my visits and I have my most recent flight booking details as well as my husbands last booking details when he came here in December and I can also provide photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.