Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my wife (Mexican) and myself (British) will be aplying for part 2 next year (part 1 originally issued 13th July 2015 - expires 13th April 2018)
After a disastrous experience with 2 different immigration solicitors the first time round we are keen not to fall foul of bad advice this time! We got married in Feb '15 and did not see each other again until my wife arrived on the 11th August '15...we were the 1st to be hit with the new requirements.
After living with a relative for the 1st 2 years we have recently moved into our own flat together and are collecting joint evidence together to comply. Also we are happily expecting our 1st baby this november.

1st question is regarding her rights to statutory maternity pay....does she have any ? seeing as the govt look at me to support? I earn well and clear thresholds including for the 1st child.
She has worked for over 6 months with this employer but is now getting too big to carry on there.

2nd question is when would be the earliest (and the latest) time to submit application for the 2nd part of the spousal visa? I have been employed with my current employer since jan 2017 (I missed jan payrol by a few days so i got 2 months pay end feb 2017) I am keen to apply asap as soon as we have collected all evidence and my wife has passed the next English test. Taking into account processing times what would realistic dates be?

Finally we just had a letter from the hospital where she will give birth saying that she may be liable to pay hospital charges for care anything outside of the A+E ward. I am imagining big bills for giving birth here ! Does anybody have knowledge about this?

We would really appreciate sound knowledge regarding these topics.

Cheers,
Matt.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Your wife is entitled to use the NHS if she is here on a spouse visa. that is what the IHS payment, at the time of application is for. So tell that hospital that they are mistaken and must treat her pregnancy free of charge.

Look at the sticky on top of the page in reference to earliest day you can apply for FLR (M). Latest is the day before your wife's visa expires.

I believe she is entitled to statutory maternity pay, but I am not sure if length of employment has something to do with that or not? I will let someone else advise. All the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.