Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

My husband is American (just out the marines having worked with them for 11 years) and now in the process of applying for spousal visa to come live with myself and our 3 month old son (who resides with me in the UK and has a valid British passport)

My issue is that I'm on maternity leave from work at the moment so we do not meet the financial element however...I have a 6 years old son from a previous marriage who has regular contact with his father and his father would appose is moving the the USA.

I noticed on the form that it mentions there are some exeptions, does anyone know if out spousal visa application would still likely to be declined ?

Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
If your salary prior to maternity leave was £18,600+ then you can apply with all the usual evidence plus the employment letter including details of the maternity leave.

Your situation would not be considered exceptional for the spouse visa.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I didn't earn above £18,600 before I went on maternity pay. This financial crave is so frustrating. I'm a legal secretary and my husband just out the marines which he was in for 10 years. We are just an honest family wanting to be together. Soooo frustrating! Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
39 Posts
As I am trying to move to UK and as Italian citizen I won't have same problem as you. I would like to say how bad I feel about that. I think government show make it harder for those who come to UK to live only and exclusively in Benefits. They could simply filter these kind of people. But no. Government, once again is fixing a problem with another problem.

In your situation I would suggest moving to other country in EU, then your husband can join you without problems. In the future, you might give up your British Nationality for another EU one, in order to move back there with your husband.

When I lived in UK, I saw many "kinds" of family who wasn't British, nor EU citizen. They all brought their wives, bunches of kids, mother, grandmothers, cousins and etc. And must of them spent day time drinking tea, doing low paid part time to be eligible for benefits.

So, yes, British government is making harder for the wrong people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.