Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question-
1. If applying for the spousal visa in the us, what is the best way to get it hand delivered if i live way far away from the closest visa processing center? Mine will be going to the L.A center. someone told me that you can no longer just walk up and deliver it.That you do have to get an agent (they dont help with visa just deliver it for fast service)

I have heard of people paying an agent $100 or so to hand deliver it, but ...is the packet needing hand delivered in LA or ..or does it go to the uk (so i get an agent there?)

am perhaps confusing myself?

But my hopes are that I can get someone to deliver it and it will be processed faster? and ideas?

Also..any tips on finding low airfare? Am wanting to go from dallas to newcastle...nonstop..but i dont think that will happen! Darlington is 7 hours away from london and as a first timer i dont feel comfortable trying to get that far alone

Any ideas tips etc please!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are two ways that an entry clearance application can be submitted in the US. The application can be sent through the mail or it can be hand delivered to the Consulate. You cannot personally submit your application to the Consulate unless you are very important and/or very rich. The hand courier method will ensure that the adjudication process begins the day it is submitted. Applications sent by mail tend to pile up at the Consulate until someone is able to get to it so they do take longer to process. $100 sounds about right for a handcourier in LA.

g

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two ways that an entry clearance application can be submitted in the US. The application can be sent through the mail or it can be hand delivered to the Consulate. You cannot personally submit your application to the Consulate unless you are very important and/or very rich. The hand courier method will ensure that the adjudication process begins the day it is submitted. Applications sent by mail tend to pile up at the Consulate until someone is able to get to it so they do take longer to process. $100 sounds about right for a handcourier in LA.

g
thanks! i appreciate it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
LG, I'm unsure where you are getting all your information, but my experiences are VERY DIFFERENT.

Yes, you can hand deliver to the UK Consulate (in LA) - it has nothing to do with 'if you are rich.' One cannot talk to anyone about it, though. Its just a delivery.

Pepper ann, why are you being told to go through the Los Angeles UK Consulate when you are a resident of Texas? Just wondering as it is based on your residence.

I paid $200 for someone to hand deliver and manage the process. He was in LA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LG, I'm unsure where you are getting all your information, but my experiences are VERY DIFFERENT.

Yes, you can hand deliver to the UK Consulate (in LA) - it has nothing to do with 'if you are rich.' One cannot talk to anyone about it, though. Its just a delivery.

Pepper ann, why are you being told to go through the Los Angeles UK Consulate when you are a resident of Texas? Just wondering as it is based on your residence.

For security reasons, only registered couriers are allowed into the Consulate. Otherwise, the application must be mailed. There are three visa issuing offices in the US. New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Los Angeles happens to hold jurisdiction over residents of Texas.

g

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

hiya. ya the website showed that the LA consulate is the one i need. So it worked out better for you to spend the $200? I think it will because they told me it will be 5-12 days instead of anywhere up to 60+ days!
im so excited!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hiya. ya the website showed that the LA consulate is the one i need. So it worked out better for you to spend the $200? I think it will because they told me it will be 5-12 days instead of anywhere up to 60+ days!
im so excited!!!
Hi,

I have been trying to find more info on this whole hand courier stuff, I know my application would go to Chicago, I am willing to pay the money, i'm just not sure as how to go about it and where to find a courier that is both reliable and trust worthy. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I have been trying to find more info on this whole hand courier stuff, I know my application would go to Chicago, I am willing to pay the money, i'm just not sure as how to go about it and where to find a courier that is both reliable and trust worthy. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Hi,
I found the one i may go through by looking on state/government web site, and find your office. usually they will list approved agencies. I have to go through Los Angeles, and I found loads. I just typed in complaints and the agency listed, and read reviews. in the end you just have to go with your gut feeling and research!
I spoke personally to one...which i may go with..if you want PM me and i will give you their info. I went as far as to have a consultation via phone and online chat.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.