Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I have been together for 2.5years and are getting married in Australia in December. I am an Australian citizen and he is a British citizen. I was just wondering firstly if he requires any form of visa other than the original visit visa to come to Australia for 2weeks while we get married ? Also, I heard that although I will be getting the spousal visa to live in the UK with my husband that he will require a medical and criminal history check? He is also self employed and meets the threshold for the financial agreement for 18,600, but are there extra documents we will need to show because he is a sole trader ?

I have lived in the UK on and off for the past 2.5 years and once my tier 5 was up I returned to Australia and when I went back to visit just last month I got refused entry due to not having full time work (not possible due to all the travelling) and that they thought my visit was more a living arrangement than visit, It got over turned however and the chief Immigration officer gave me 2weeks in the UK and said that I have no black marks on my passport, I just wanted to make sure this will be no problem also !! this process is very long and hard, its nice to get some honest advice !

·
Super Moderator
5,188 Posts
I don't know about what visa (if any) he needs to go to Australia to get married (ask in the Australia branch... they would know more).

I am not aware of any requirement for the UK sponsor to have a medical or criminal record search done... my now husband didn't need one when we applied for my fiancée visa last year. Besides, if the Home Office really needed/wanted to know, they could just do an internal investigation with the police force... it's not that difficult for them to do.

You are lucky that the Chief Immigration officer overturned last month's refusal, otherwise your application would be more closely scrutinised than the average application.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming marriage! :)

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.