Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm confused by this statement in section 5.3.7 of the Financial Requirement information. In reference to applying under Category B using gross annual income:

"If necessary to meet the level of the financial requirement applicable to the application, the
applicant can add to this...The gross annual income from any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the applicant‟s partner or the applicant."

Does this mean that my husband (the sponsoring partner) and I can combine his salary from his job in the UK (which he has been in for less than six months) with my salary earned over the past year here in China?

To me this seems to indicate that my salary earned in China can be combined with my husband's to meet the requirement, but none of the case studies in the material provided address this, and this one statement is the only mention of using wages earned by the applicant him or herself outside of the UK. Can anyone offer any insight into this?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aahhh, I see. I was reading "gross annual income from any State" and "private pension" separately. My hopes are dashed. I'll go cry over my passport for awhile longer.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
There are no situations in which the applicant's overseas income counts in any shape or form, unless it has been deposited into a savings account and has stayed there for 6 months, then that amount can count as part of the savings (minimum £16,000) under Cat D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.