Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. My husband is British and I am American. We are applying for a spousal visa. We are filling out the forms and have concerns about one of the questions. We are answering his 10 year work history. He has worked as a video freelancer for the past 5 years. He has been getting paid cash for each project, but for alot of them we not have any contact details for the individuals anymore, they wouldn't have addresses because it was a question of meeting up with them at the location to do filming then that was all. My question is , for those of you have who been through this do you think this will be a huge problem? Will immigration need to check with all of these people? I am just worried about immigration having a problem verifying his past employment...or am I worried for nothing:) I would really appreciate some help or advice where this is concerned. Thankyou for your help!

~Mcicki~

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Hello I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. My husband is British and I am American. We are applying for a spousal visa. We are filling out the forms and have concerns about one of the questions. We are answering his 10 year work history. He has worked as a video freelancer for the past 5 years. He has been getting paid cash for each project, but for alot of them we not have any contact details for the individuals anymore, they wouldn't have addresses because it was a question of meeting up with them at the location to do filming then that was all. My question is , for those of you have who been through this do you think this will be a huge problem? Will immigration need to check with all of these people? I am just worried about immigration having a problem verifying his past employment...or am I worried for nothing:) I would really appreciate some help or advice where this is concerned. Thankyou for your help!
Little to worry about. You just state the kind of job he has been doing and enclose bank statement showing money coming in. UK Border Agency won't be verifying his past employment.

What UKBA is most interested in is whether your husband - your sponsor - has a job or self-employment in UK or prospect of getting one. So enclose his up-to-date CV (résumé) stating his qualification and experience. It won't hurt to do the same with you, though it's sponsor's income (or prospect of) that is more relevant. It may enhance your application if you can enclose details UK job vacancies both of you can go for (just download and print out), with salary offered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Little to worry about. You just state the kind of job he has been doing and enclose bank statement showing money coming in. UK Border Agency won't be verifying his past employment.

What UKBA is most interested in is whether your husband - your sponsor - has a job or self-employment in UK or prospect of getting one. So enclose his up-to-date CV (résumé) stating his qualification and experience. It won't hurt to do the same with you, though it's sponsor's income (or prospect of) that is more relevant. It may enhance your application if you can enclose details UK job vacancies both of you can go for (just download and print out), with salary offered.
Thankyou very much, but I think I may have miswrote what I meant and caused some confusion. He is coming to the US. So I am his sponsor. I make more than enough money for the 2 of us, so I know I meet the guidelines. My concern was that when he fills out the applications to come over here, he will have a problem disclosing on the info on his freelance jobs. I would assume the US immigration would find it concerning if they can't verify the people he worked with. Or does what you say still work. If they can't follow up with the people he has worked with does he just need to enclose bank statements, say for about a year? Thankyou again for all your help, I really appreciate it! I am so sorry for the confusion.

Kind Regards,
Mcicki

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Thankyou very much, but I think I may have miswrote what I meant and caused some confusion. He is coming to the US. So I am his sponsor. I make more than enough money for the 2 of us, so I know I meet the guidelines. My concern was that when he fills out the applications to come over here, he will have a problem disclosing on the info on his freelance jobs. I would assume the US immigration would find it concerning if they can't verify the people he worked with. Or does what you say still work. If they can't follow up with the people he has worked with does he just need to enclose bank statements, say for about a year? Thankyou again for all your help, I really appreciate it! I am so sorry for the confusion.
In that case you should post your query on US forum, where there are experts on US immigration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.