Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, please advise on the following preliminary list for our application. We hope to submit next week! I'm so happy I found this forum. Please give your two cents :)

Applicant(Myself-Canadian National-Female) :

Introduction Letter-Brief and to the point, emotion left out, outlining our relationship
Online application filled out-type of application “settlement, settlement, wife”
Appendix 2 of VAF4A- printed out and handed in with application
Will pay priority fee after submit online application and before appointment and include the receipt with application. Applying from Edmonton, Canada. Hopefully get biometrics appointment on June 30th.
Health surcharge paid- will write the number on top of printed out application
Employment letter-current employment status, role and annual salary
All passports (four, including current)
Passport photos (2)-UK Standard
Proposed travel itinerary

Sponsor:
Sponsor Letter: Brief and to the point, emotion left out, outlining our relationship
Employment letter(Applying under Category A): confirming: (i) the person's employment and gross annual salary; (ii) the length of their employment; (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Payslips (6)- will receive 6th full payslip (he started the job on December 8th, 2014) on Friday as he gets paid monthly, accountant will verify as per standards listed
Corresponding bank statements: He has an appointment with the bank on Friday to verify and endorse statements
P60
Signed contract
Photocopy of his passport bio page (he is a UK National)
SU07

Accommodation Info:
We will stay with his parents until we find a flat to rent in London

Letter from his parents giving us permission to stay (does it have state “rent free” or discuss rent arrangement?)
Property Inspection
Land Registry Document
Council Tax Statement
Property Inspection report
Water bill
Gas /Electricity bill

Relationship Proof:
**Still gathering
10-15 photos
As per advice on this forum: 10-15 pages in all throughout our relationship, divided into six-month slots.
Trip Itineraries
Marriage Certificate

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
You don't need payslips verified if they are originals (not printed online).
SU07/12 not needed.
You can state rent-free.
Only one of council tax or utility bill.
Rest is ok.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Joppa! Really appreciate all the help. Just curious, why is it that many people post checklists and they include the SU07? Is it just people from certain countries who need it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Folks, biometrics appointment in the morning. Anyone else want to give this a once over? Thanks!! i'm so excited!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Joppa's advice is highly respected here, I can't possibly disagree! SU07 is definitely not needed, relatively few countries require it and it's primarily for adult relative dependents (e.g. elderly, disabled parents). Just to clarify, you're planning on submitting evidence for communication every six months? That seems too infrequent, once or twice a month is better

Reactions: erinheather

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Even though I've looked through your list, I can't find any obvious omission. Even though I haven't examined your documents, you should be approved for a visa.

Whether you send in communications record divided into 6-month or monthly slots depends on the period in question. If you have been together for several years, 6-month is fine, but for much shorter period, you may want to divide more frequently. Overall limit of 10-15 pages still stands.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joppa's advice is highly respected here, I can't possibly disagree! SU07 is definitely not needed, relatively few countries require it and it's primarily for adult relative dependents (e.g. elderly, disabled parents). Just to clarify, you're planning on submitting evidence for communication every six months? That seems too infrequent, once or twice a month is better

Awesome! i've been reading some of your threads, so thank you very much for your advice! we've known each other for 12 years, dated and visited casually from 2006-2010, stopped. Then have been in a committed relationship since December 2013. I've included a 3 pages of evidence and some trip itineraries from our earlier relationship, but mainly focused on since December 2013. That was Nylcon's advice. Since we mainly used Facebook, I included Facebook logs from my perspective, so showing messages from him each month since then (one per month) and five trip itineraries, including our wedding. Also some google phone call logs. I tried to keep it basic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even though I've looked through your list, I can't find any obvious omission. Even though I haven't examined your documents, you should be approved for a visa.

Whether you send in communications record divided into 6-month or monthly slots depends on the period in question. If you have been together for several years, 6-month is fine, but for much shorter period, you may want to divide more frequently. Overall limit of 10-15 pages still stands.
Great, I also included 15 photos. two from a summer spent together in 2010. Then the rest focused on 2013 to now. I explained in the letter how we used to date, then separated. i will not include the SU07. thanks!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
That certainly sounds reasonable :) I think I misunderstood. Definitely makes sense to only focus on the part of your relationship when you were committed and communicating consistently, especially since you are married. Lots of luck!

Reactions: erinheather

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
final content list!

Yahoo! Documents complied and in order with this content list. Thanks!! I'll be sure to post a timeline update. For my Canadian friends, the grand total with health surcharge and priority fee was 4,000 CDN. Ouch!
Contents in order provided
One set originals, followed by one set copies

Applicant’s Documents
(Name-Canadian National-Female) :

• Four passports; 3 expired and current- Ziploc Bag
• 2 UK Standard passport photos-Ziploc bag
• Priority payment Receipt
• Immigration health surcharge receipt
• Introduction Letter
• Printed Online application (VAF4A)
• Appendix 2 of VAF4A
• Employment letter
• Proposed travel itinerary (August 6th, 2015)

Sponsor’s Documents-Name
• Sponsor Letter
• Employment letter (Applying under Category A)
• Pay slips (6)- accountant has signed and verified. 6TH full pay was received on June 26th. Job started December 8th, 2015.
• Signed contract
• Corresponding bank statements-verified, the pay going in has been highlighted in orange.
• Photocopy of his passport bio page (he is a UK National)

Accommodation Info:
We will stay with his parents until we find a flat to rent in London

• Letter from his parents giving us permission to stay
• Property Inspection
• Land Registry Document
• Council Tax Statement
• Water bill
• Gas /Electricity bill

Relationship Proof
• Marriage Certificate
• Photos
• Trip Itineraries
• Communication logs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey erinheather good luck with your application. Hope its a successful journey for you. What a coincidence I'm applying end of July and I started my employment on 8th Dec 2014. Just waiting for my last payslip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey erinheather good luck with your application. Hope its a successful journey for you. What a coincidence I'm applying end of July and I started my employment on 8th Dec 2014. Just waiting for my last payslip.
Good luck to you as well! Keep us updated! Thank goodness for this forum :)

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Best of luck to you! I hope your acceptance comes quickly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yahoo! Documents complied and in order with this content list. Thanks!! I'll be sure to post a timeline update. For my Canadian friends, the grand total with health surcharge and priority fee was 4,000 CDN. Ouch!
Contents in order provided
One set originals, followed by one set copies

Applicant’s Documents
(Name-Canadian National-Female) :

• Four passports; 3 expired and current- Ziploc Bag
• 2 UK Standard passport photos-Ziploc bag
• Priority payment Receipt
• Immigration health surcharge receipt
• Introduction Letter
• Printed Online application (VAF4A)
• Appendix 2 of VAF4A
• Employment letter
• Proposed travel itinerary (August 6th, 2015)
Hi,

Is it now a requirement for the applicant to provide employment letter?

Thank you. What's the news with your application?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

Is it now a requirement for the applicant to provide an employment letter? I thought only the sponsor provides that.

Thank you. How is your spouse visa going on? We are applying 1st week August. Excited now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.