Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, first post but have been reading for a while.

I am about to apply for my spousal visa in South Africa. My wife is British.

I have a question regarding the financial requirements but first some background: We meet the financial requirements on cash savings alone (amount, length of time etc.). However, my wife is employed (and will be when we apply) but her salary would require cash savings in addition. She does not have a job offer in the UK as it is our intention to settle in first and only then look for work. I am being told by our visa consultants that she must have a job offer and that we cannot rely on the cash savings alone. This is not how I read the rules in the various appendices on the UKBA web site, but any clarification will be much appreciated.

1) If we use her current employment plus savings, must she have a job offer in the UK even though savings alone at date of entry meets the requirements?

2) Can we just ignore her current employment and apply using savings alone?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you have £62,500 in an account that has been untouched for six months, you can apply without a job offer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AmyD, that confirms my reading of the rules (and my suspicions regarding our visa consultants!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.