Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to make the subject as descriptive as possible, but bear with me:

I qualify as Level 0 and my partner and I were planning on applying for SW entry under my qualifications. However, I feel my partner has a slightly better chance of securing work due to his specialized field (archival research).

The question is: should he scope out for employers willing to hire him whilst my SW app is in process? Would there be complications to my application (with him as my dependent) if he found an employer willing to hire him on a TWP?

Basically, the big question here is whether he should bother looking for work while the app is underway; I know I would be better off waiting since I'm a Level 0, but I don't want to get in his way of finding a dream job and getting it via TWP, but how would this affect his ability to stay in Canada under an eventual PR, or under my SW?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I tried to make the subject as descriptive as possible, but bear with me:

I qualify as Level 0 and my partner and I were planning on applying for SW entry under my qualifications. However, I feel my partner has a slightly better chance of securing work due to his specialized field (archival research).

The question is: should he scope out for employers willing to hire him whilst my SW app is in process? Would there be complications to my application (with him as my dependent) if he found an employer willing to hire him on a TWP?

Basically, the big question here is whether he should bother looking for work while the app is underway; I know I would be better off waiting since I'm a Level 0, but I don't want to get in his way of finding a dream job and getting it via TWP, but how would this affect his ability to stay in Canada under an eventual PR, or under my SW?
There is no reason why your partnet cannot seek employment and, if offer received and employer obtains LMO, he proceeds with a TWP application. However that means cancelling your SW application and starting from scratch with the TWP. I believe your timeline would be considerably extended.
If you are anxious to get here it doesn't seem a prudent move to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.