Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post so currently putting together as much information as possible. My fiancée and soon to be wife has done brilliantly in getting a great job as a Business Studies teacher at a secondary school in Dubai - so I am looking for suitable employment.

For over 10 years now I have worked in the professional sports and events industry, and in the UK these specific types of jobs are few and far between - wondered if this also applies to Dubai???

Any help would be appreciated, I feel very positive as I have a few interesting meetings to arrange with ‘sporty people’ in Dubai already but anyone else who maybe knows of people I may be able to have a chat with or any leads would be great, thanks very much!

Harms 100

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Quite a few events companies in Dubai. Sport you have the World Cup and Formula One for starters. Some large circuit events for Golf and Tennis. Not to mention yachting, powerboats etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite a few events companies in Dubai. Sport you have the World Cup and Formula One for starters. Some large circuit events for Golf and Tennis. Not to mention yachting, powerboats etc.
Hi Mr Rossi - thanks for the reply.

I have emailed many of the areas you have mentioned as Dubai does seem to be a mecca for large sporting events. The problem I guess is that I will be 'cold-calling' so to speak alont with many other people in a similar position. Is there any kind of sports expo or department for sport that I could tap into?

Harms100

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey i work for a sports company.....the biggest sports retailers are Sun and Sand Sports, RSH middle east, and a host of other companies who are delaing in sports brands....

what sort of job are you looking for?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dubai_New Kid! My area of expertise is in and around managing and delivering events but I appreciate that getting into the sports sector may well be difficult and would be please to discuss any potential openings to show my value and worth. Are you aware of any openings in Dubai?

·
Banned
423 Posts
Harms, post a few more and I'll send you a PM, I have the details of some serious people at Yas and Dubai Sports City, then it's up to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know of any up and coming sports conventions, expo's etc that might be a good way of networking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.